Friday, February 3, 2012

What does your name mean? Why were you named what you were named?
These are the questions for today - well, would have been yesterday had I not had a migraine that took me out.  

What does my name mean - Well without giving my full name - My name in definition only is 'Lady Pure'.  The Origin of my name  - Aramaic and Greek. 

Why was I named what I was named?  Our family has a tradition of naming our children after relatives.  I was named after 2 of my great grandmothers.  I too named my own children after relatives, great grandmothers and great grandfathers.  The biggest reason that I was named what I was named - I was a girl - I would have been 'Supplanter Strong Power'.  My mother had 2 names picked out - one for a girl and one for a boy.  

So, have you ever stopped to think about why you were named what you were named and what does it mean?  Does the meaning match your personality at all?   The history of names is interesting at the least.  

Take five minutes and look up the meaning and origin of your name.  And then if it is completely off of who you are, have a good laugh.  I usually do.

No comments:

Post a Comment